18 November 2009

Tiiiiiiiimmmmmberrrrrrr!

Back to Wisconsin we go. This time for a visit to two amazing schools in the Milwaukee area (Prairie Hill Waldorf School and Tamarack Waldorf School.

Saturday down came an old oak tree. It had been dead for quite some time...I missed the actual fall as I was inside with a sleeping baby, but I hear it was quite spectacular.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Andrew learned how to use a chainsaw, although I didn't get any pictures of that. He was hungry afterwords.

Photobucket

AWWWWWW!

Photobucket

Sunday was Family Day at P&H. It was pretty cool to see, as I haven't been there in years and only had the fuzziest memory. P&H holds a lot of family history. My paternal grandpa, my maternal grandpa my dad and my uncle have all worked there. My paternal grandpa actually had the heart attack that killed him while at work, and Dad pointed out the spot where he fell to me. I never met my grandpa so it was very surreal and emotional to see the spot where, in essence, he died.

We also visited Dad's work station, where he left a message for Oz and Carter.

Photobucket

Photobucket

25 years ago there was a picture taken of me and Mom next to a crawler. Hey Dad, you should scan the picture so I can post it here!

Photobucket

For reference, a D6 could fit inside this dipper.

Photobucket

The ride home, chocolate faced.

Photobucket

No comments: