14 January 2009

Oh Hanukkah, oh Hannukah...

I had wanted to celebrate Hanukkah last year, but didn't get the menorah finished in time. I put it away and told myself I'd finish it in time for Hanukkah 2008. And guess what, I didn't. It was the first night of Hanukkah and it wasn't finished. I sewed my little heart out and had it done around ten or so. Carter missed lighting the candle the first day, but on day two we just lit both.


Carter finds his gelt.


Lighting the candle.


Since Hanukkah coincided with Christmas this year we chose to only give one gift on the last evening of Hanukkah. Carter got gelt each night and then on the eighth night they both got gifts. Here they are waiting for them.

Carter tears into his.


Oz eats his.


A piggy bank! Yes, I do see the irony in giving a piggy bank for Hanukkah, but I knew he'd really love it and found the perfect size one just before Christmas so I just went with it. Good thing we're not Orthodox Jews huh? Oz got clothes for his gift since he doesn't care how practical and boring his presents are.

No comments: